Why register as a patient?
Register as a patient with The Junction Health Centre and enjoy all sorts of healthcare benefits.
Many services under one roof
You’ll be able to access any of the following services:
- vaccinations (including the flu jab)
- contraceptive advice (including emergency contraception)
- maternity services
- cervical screening
- stop smoking advice
- drug and alcohol misuse management
- weight loss advice
- specialist diabetes clinics and health checks
- chronic disease management
Appointments to suit the way you live
- We offer appointments every day 8am-8pm, including on bank holidays
- We have an open line from 8am to 8pm
- You will be able to book an appointment to see a GP within 48 hours, and with a nurse or healthcare assistant within 24 hours
- You can book appointments up to four weeks in advance
Choose how to access our service
We know that everyday commitments can make getting to the doctor tricky. That’s why we offer telephone consultations, a free texting service, plus home visits if you are so unwell that you simply can’t get to the surgery.
There are more details on our Appointments page.
If you live in the SW11 postcode area you’ll be able to register with us as an NHS patient. It’s easy to register.
- Come in and see us to fill in a registration form (adult registration | child registration)
- Bring with you photo ID (passport/UK drivers licence/EU card) and one original item (not a photocopy) that shows you live in the area. This could be a utilities bill. It needs to have your name and address on as we need it as proof that you live in the area
You’ll be offered a health check with a nurse or healthcare assistant when you register so that we can find out as much as we can about your health. This is purely so that we can provide you with the best care. (You must see a doctor before we can prescribe medication for you.)